Valentine Cookies Recipe
This cookie recipe is one of Squigly's favourite.
You may remember seeing it at Christmas time. The batter is the
same, just add red food colouring or decorate them anyway you like and use heart shaped cookie
cutters. Please make these cookies with adult supervision.
What you need:
- Adult helper
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- red food colouring
- heart shaped cookie cutters
What you do:
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Blend in eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, salt
and baking soda.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet until well
- Once dough is well mixed, add serveral drops
of red food colouring and mix. Remember: the more colouring
you use the darker the cookies will be.
- Chill two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Divide dough into quarters. Roll 1/4 on lightly
floured surface until 1/8" thick.
- Dip heart shaped cookie cutters in flour
and press out cookies from the dough.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until barely browned
- Allow cookies to cool.
... more Valentine fun.