Caramel Popcorn Recipe
Sticky and yummy caramel popcorn is always a hit with the family. This Valentine's Day treat your favorite people to some homemade goodness. The ingredients for this recipe are found in most kitchens so an extra trip to the grocery store won't be required. Because you'll be using the stove and oven adult supervision is recommended. Store the popcorn in airtight containers to keep it fresh. For a decadent treat drizzle the popcorn with melted chocolate once it has cooled.
What you need:
- Adult helper
- 8 cups popped, unbuttered popcorn
- 1/2 cup peanuts + raisins (optional)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
What you do:
- Make sure you have an adult helper for this recipe, the syrup is extremely
hot and you will be using the stove and oven for this recipe.
- Preheat oven
to 300 degrees.
- Pop popcorn and measure peanuts and/or raisins. Remove any unpopped kernels.
- In a small pot put butter, brown sugar and corn syrup, add a pinch of
salt. Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes.
Be sure to stir continually!
- Remove pot from heat and pour liquid over popcorn and peanuts and/or raisins.
- Mix until popcorn, peanuts and/or raisins are well coated.
- Spray a cookie sheet or shallow roasting pan with non-stick cooking spay.
- Scoop popcorn onto baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once baked, stir popcorn and caramel together until coated and cooled.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Gift idea: package in pretty plastic bags or gift boxes lined with wax
paper and give as gifts.
... more Valentine fun.