Glow-In-The-Dark Mobile Halloween Craft
Make this fun Glow-in-the-Dark Mobile to decorate your room for Halloween. Enjoy the mobile during the day and watch it glow when you turn out the lights at night. We used bats, ghosts and pumpkins for our mobile, but you can use your favorite Halloween creatures for yours.
- Orange, black and white foam sheets or precut foam Halloween shapes
- Glow-in-the-dark paint
- Black permanent marker
- Black thread
- Sewing needle
- Thin dowel
- Saw (You'll need an adult helper to use this)
- Black wool
- Black paint
- Paint brush
What you do:
- If you haven't purchased precut Halloween foam shapes, draw two ghosts, two bats and two pumpkins or your favorite Halloween shapes onto foam sheets. Carefully cut out the shapes.
- With a black permanent marker, draw faces on each of your shapes. We choose to draw faces on both sides of each shape.
- With the glow-in-the-dark paint, paint over the faces you have drawn. Wait for the paint to dry, and repeat on the other side if you are making double-sided shapes.
- With the help of an adult, use the saw to cut the piece of dowel into three, 12 inch lengths.
- Paint the dowel pieces black. Allow to dry.
- Tread needle with the black thread and attach a length of thread to each foam shape. Attach two shapes together, one below the other. Attach two shapes from each end of the triangle (see photo above).
- Once the dowel is dry, arrange sticks to make a triangle. With three pieces of black wool (approximately 10 inches long) tie all three ends of the triangle together. An extra pair of hands is helpful for this step. Gather the other ends of the wool and tie together in the centre of the triangle. Cut another 6 inch length of wool and fasten a loop onto the the ends of the gathered wool. You will use this loop to hang your mobile.
- Hang the mobile in your room. Allow it to absorb light during the day so it will glow at night! Happy Halloween!
... more Halloween fun.