Santa Light Christmas Craft
Make this fun Santa to light up the night. Place a tea light in the bottom of the jar and watch Santa's belly 'jiggle' with delight as the flame from the tea light moves. Make this fun Christmas decoration to decorate your own home or craft one to give as a gift.
- 1 mason jar
- Tissue paper. We used white, black, yellow and red.
- White glue with a little water added
- Paint brush
- Paper plate or plastic lid.
- Votive candles
What you do:
- Lay newspaper out on the table so that any spills are easy to clean up.
- Get a mason jar and make sure it is clean inside and out.
- Cut the red tissue paper in small squares. Cut some white tissue in circles and a long thin piece from the black tissue paper. For Santa's belt buckle cut a square from the yellow tissue paper, fold it in half and cut another square from the middle of the square. Discard the second square.
- Pour some white glue onto your plate or lid and mix with a small amount of water to thin the glue. Mix well. With a paintbrush, brush some glue onto the jar. Lay down a square of red tissue paper onto the spot with glue. Cover the piece of tissue paper with more glue. Overlap squares and continue until the whole jar is covered. Allow to dry overnight.
- Glue the white circles of tissue paper along the bottom of the jar and then pick an area at the top of the jar and make the bottom of Santa's beard. Glue Santa's belt (black tissue paper) around the middle of the jar and attach the belt buckle centered with Santa's beard. Allow to dry.
- Place a votive candle in the bottom of the jar. Ask an adult to help you light the candle.
... more Christmas fun.