Reindeer Candy Dish Christmas Craft
These cute candy dishes are a fun craft to make and will cheer up any table you place them on. Make them for yourself or as gift.
- 3 small, large mouth mason jars.
- Brown construction paper
- 6 googly eyes, two for each reindeer.
- 3 dark brown pipe cleaners
- 1 red pom pom
- 2 brown or black pom poms
What you do:
- Clean and dry your mason jars, if needed. Measure the height of your mason jar, up to the rim, with a ruler. Carefully cut three strips of brown construction paper long enough to go around each jar.
- Attach each strip of construction paper with a dab of glue on the jar. Wrap the strip of paper around the jar and glue in place. You may need to hold the paper in place until it dries.
- Glue the googly eyes on the jar as shown and then attach a nose below the eyes. We made Rudolph by using a red pom pom.
- To make the antlers, cut each pipe cleaner in half. Put them in pairs. From each pair cut two lengths off, you decide how long each should be. Now bend each pipe cleaner and then attach the other two pieces to make the antlers. Put two generous dabs of glue on the rim of the jar just on either side of each eye and place the antlers on the glue. Use an elastic to hold the antlers in place until the glue has dried.
- From the brown construction paper cut six ear shapes and once the antlers are held firmly in place by the glue, glue the ears on the bottom of the antlers.
- Fill the jars with your favorite Christmas candy.
... more Christmas fun.