Orange Pomander Craft
This spicy smelling orange pomander is a fun craft to make and will add a pleasant
fragrance to your home during the Christmas holidays!
What you need:
- an orange
- masking tape
- small nail or sharp, strong toothpick
- whole cloves
- ruler or measuring tape
What you do:
- Starting at the top of the orange, circle the orange with masking tape,
so that the orange has been divided into quarters (see diagram below).
- Decide what type of pattern you would like to make on the orange with
- Use the nail or toothpick to puncture the peel of the orange and insert
the stem of the clove. Continue to do this until your pattern is complete.
Do not insert cloves or puncture the peel of the orange where you have applied
the masking tape.
- Once you have completed your pattern, carefully remove the masking tape.
Cut two pieces of ribbon each 70 cm (28 inches) long.
- Wrap one ribbon around the orange and tie in a single loop at the top
leaving the ends hanging down.
- Take the other piece of ribbon and follow the other tape line. Tie a bow.
- Bring together the ends from the first ribbon and knot them at the ends
so that you now have a loop to to hang your pomander (not shown) or simply
tie the first ribbon into a bow as well.
... more Christmas fun.