Tin Can Telephone Craft
Make this old fashioned craft idea. Using two cans and some string you can make your own portable telephone.
What you need:
- Adult supervision
- Two cans
- 5-6 feet of string
What you do:
- Get an adult's help for this activity. Ask
your adult helper to check the opening of the cans for any sharp
- Clean the two cans and let them dry.
- Ask an adult to use a hammer and nail to
make one hole in the bottom of each can.
- Measure your string and thread one end through
the hole in the bottom of the can, tie a knot so that the string
is secure. Attach the other end of the string to the second can
using the same method.
- Find a friend and test your phone. Speak
into the can and hold the can to your ear to hear your friend
speaking. Make sure that the string is tight between the cans
or the sound will not travel far enough along the string. You
can also decorate your phone.
... more Earth Day fun.