Craft: Popsicle Stick Photo Frames
This frame made our of popsicle sticks is fun to make and easy too. Use colorful popsicle sticks to make frames for some of your favorite photos. These frames are a great craft activity for birthday parties - just remind everyone to bring a photo or be ready to take photos the kids can use in the frame.
What you need:
- Colored popsicle sticks
- Gems or other decorations
- Glitter glue
- Your favorite photos (about 4x4 inches)
- Ribbon or string
Instructions follow below the video…
What you do:
- Protect your work area with newspaper.
- Lay 11 or 12 colored popsicle sticks down so that they are all touching the next one lengthwise. Do not glue these together.
- Put glue across two popsicle sticks. These popsicle stick will not show on the frame. They are used to hold the frame together. Place one popsicle stick across the top of your row of colored popsicle sticks, and the other across the bottom. Wait until dry.
- Flip over your frame. Place your photo in the centre of the popsicle sticks. Do not glue the photo down, otherwise it will wrinkle.
- Put glue across two popsicle sticks. Place one down across the top of your photo, so that it is glued onto both the photo and the popsicle stick background. Place the other popsicle stick so that it is across the bottom of your photo, again so that it is glued onto the photo and the background. This will hold your photo in place.
- Put glue on the ends of the popsicle sticks you just glued down. Place two popsicle sticks so that they connect the top and bottom popsicle sticks and form a frame around the photo. Let dry.
- If you would like, decorate your frame with glitter glue, gems and any other fun craft supplies you want. Wait until these dry.
- Attach a ribbon to the back of your frame to allow it to hang easily.
- When the frame is completely dry, hang it up in a special place!