Craft: Personalized Placemats
Chelsey, age 12, from Canada shared this simple craft idea and Squigly has
added some of his own ideas too!
What you need:
- Construction paper or Bristol board (light cardboard)
- Old magazines and catalogues
- Clear Mack-tack or laminating machine
Instructions follow below the video…
What you do:
- Cut the construction paper or Bristol board into rectangles approximately
23" x 17". The placemats do not have to be the same colour. You
might choose each person's favourite colour.
- Think of the person you are making the placemat for and start looking
through the magazines and catalogues. Cut out pictures that would be of
interest to that person. You can also use photographs.
- Once you have the pictures cut out, glue them on both sides of the Bristol
- To finish the placemat laminate it or use clear Mack-tack on both sides.
When using Mack-tack cut it larger than the placement and be sure to get
out as many air bubbles as you can. Use scissors to round off the corners.