Pine Cone Turkey Thanksgiving Craft
This cute turkey, made from a pine cone,
can be used as a centerpiece on your Thanksgiving table. If you
really like making this craft, you can make enough for everyone at the table
and use them as place cards and attach a special special message for each
What you need:
- Pine cone(s) Try to find pine cones that
have opened up.
- Yellow and orange pipe cleaners
- Two plastic eyes or blue construction paper
to make your own
- Orange felt or construction paper for beak
- Red tissue paper
What you do:
- The narrow end of the pine cone will be the
turkey's head. Cut an orange pipe cleaner in half for smaller pinecones and 3/4 for larger pinecones and secure it
around the second set of 'leaves' from the tip of the pine cone.
Fold over the remaining piece of pipe cleaner to form the head.
This should stick out over the narrow end of the pine cone.
- Using glue attach the eyes, these can be
plastic ones or ones you've cut out of construction paper.
- Cut a diamond shape from orange felt
or construction paper and fold it in half widthwise to make
the beak. Attach the beak to the head below the eyes.
- Crumple a small piece of red tissue paper
and glue it to the turkey's chin.
- Halfway down the pine cone, wrap the yellow
pipe cleaner around the pine cone and form the feet of the turkey.
Remember to give each leg three toes. These legs are not meant
to support your turkey.
- At the rear of the turkey attach feathers
(ones you've found or purchased) with glue.
- If you are making place cards, use a sturdy
piece of paper (card stock works well). Cut a rectangle and print
your message and person's name. This card will sit in one of
the crevices of the pine cone.
... more Thanksgiving fun.