Make Your Beads Out of Paper
Have your ever wondered if you can make your beads out of paper? Making your own beads is fun and easy. When you
have made your beads, you can make beautiful pieces of jewelry
for yourself and your friends. Get ready to have some beading fun!
What you need:
- wrapping paper or colorful magazine pages
- glue stick
- a knitting needle or straw
Instructions follow below the video…
What you do:
- Cut triangles from your paper
approximately 2 inches or less across the bottom and about 10
inches tall. Each triangle will make one bead. Cut as many as
- Place the triangle wrong side up on the table.
Lay the knitting needle or straw along the wide end of the triangle.
(See picture at left)
- Tightly roll the strip around the knitting
needle or straw twice.
- Put glue on the remainder of your triangular
strip and continue to roll the paper evenly.
- To finish the bead, glue down
the narrow end and hold in place until the glue sets. Slip bead
off of the needle or straw and continue working steps 2-4 until
you have as many beads as you want.
- String beads on heavy thread,
a shoe lace or wool. Tie ends together.