Make A 5 String Skipping Rope
I wanted to tell you how to make a 5 string braided skipping rope. You can make this craft in five easy
Thank you, Susan for sharing your craft idea with me. ~Squigly
What you need:
- Old jump ropes (optional if buying your own plastic strands)
- 5 pieces of thin circular plastic strands (avalible at any local craft store)
or 5 plastic strings from 5 old jump ropes, but make sure they are the same
- two handles from an old jump rope (optional)
- krazy glue
- an adult
Instructions follow below the video…
What you do:
- Take your 5 strands and tape them together, separate them..
- Take the strand on the right and bring it over the 2 strands next to it,
then go to the left strand and bring it over the next 2 strands and continue
braiding until completed.
- Tape the other end together so it doesn't come undone.
- If you don't have handles just take the tape off and glue it together
(ask an adult to do the glueing) and you are done.
- If you have handles (from an old skipping rope) glue the ends tightly together so that they fit in
the holes of the handle, then glue inside the handle for extra strength.
... more Summer fun.