Decorated Jars Craft
Empty mason jars make great containers for
holding all kinds of things: coin collections, marbles, pencils
and other collectibles. This fun activity for children will keep them busy for hours. Make this craft for yourself or as a gift for someone special!
What you need:
- Empty jar(s)
- Tissue paper, fancy napkins or wrapping paper
- Small charms or jewels. (optional)
- Shells (optional)
- Small beads (optional)
- Dried beans (optional)
- Sparkles (optional)
What you do:
- Wash and dry an empty glass jar.
- Tear the tissue paper, napkins or wrapping
paper into small pieces.
- Hold the paper on the jar and use a paintbrush
to apply glue on the paper, make sure to brush the glue onto
to jar too, so the paper will stick. Continue working in this
fashion until the jar is completely decorated.
- If you want to add sparkles, cover sections
of the jar with glue (on top of the paper) and apply the sparkles.
- Allow to dry.
... more Earth Day fun.