How to Up-Cycle Crayons
If you are like a lot of other kids, you probably
have lots of crayons. What can you do with the small broken crayons
besides throw them out? Melt them of course, and make one or
several multi-colored crayons! We'll tell you how to make this fun craft. Up-cycling items is fun. Let us teach you how!
What you need:
- A grownup helper
- Small crayons with paper removed
- Muffin baking tray
- Muffin cups (paper type)
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Place a muffin cup in each cup of the muffin
- Put some crayons in each cup. Mix the colors
to make multi-colored crayons. Make sure you have removed the
paper wrapper from the crayons. Do not overfill cups.
- Ask an adult helper to place the baking
tray in the oven. For extra fun, turn on the oven light, so
you can watch the crayons melt
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until
all the crayons are melted.
- Ask the adult helper to remove the baking tray from the oven and allow your up-cycled crayons to
- Remove the new crayons from the baking tray and peel off paper muffin
cups. Now you have new, multi-colored crayons. These make cool
little gifts for younger siblings and friends.
... more Earth Day fun.