Cork Boats Craft
Make these cute little cork boats that will float on the water. They are an easy and fun craft to make. Why not make a whole bunch? This craft idea is ideal for a pirate or tropical theme birthday party.
What you need:
- 3 corks
- Thick elastic band (like those found on vegetables)
- Wood toothpick
- Craft foam
- White glue
- Markers (optional)
Instructions follow below the video…
What you do:
- Glue the corks together along their long edge. Allow the glue to thoroughly dry.
- While the glue is drying, cut a triangle 1 3/4" x 2" x 1 1/2". We used a pair of scalloped edge scissors. Glue a toothpick to the edge of the triangle that measures 1 3/4". If you wish you can use permanent markers to decorate the sail. Allow the glue to dry.
- Once the corks are glued to one another wrap the corks with an elastic band as shown.
- Attach the sail to your boat by poking the end of the toothpick into the middle cork.
- Now you're ready to go on a sailing adventure. Use your little boat in the bath, at a water table, or in a bowl or sink. If making this craft for at a child's birthday party it is advisable that the corks be glued together beforehand, as the corks take some time to adhere to one another.
... more Spring fun.
... more Summer fun.