Apple Witch Halloween Craft
Make this old fashioned Halloween craft. Carve an image, like a witch's face into a peeled apple then let time and air shrink and distort it! You will have to start this craft early to have it ready in time for October 31.
- Strands of wool
- Black construction paper
- Play dough or modeling clay
What you do:
- With the help of an adult, peel the apple
and carve a face on one side. This will be your witch's head.
Be sure to carve deeply because as the apple dries and shrinks,
the features you have carved will shrink. Place the apple in
a cool, dry place and allow the apple to shrivel and dry. This
will take 2 -3 weeks.
- Once your witch's head is shriveled and brown,
poke the popsicle stick into the bottom of the apple.
- Cut and separate the strands of wool and
glue them on the top of the witch's head.
- Use the modeling clay to make a base sturdy
and stable enough to support your witch.
- Using the construction paper, design a cape
and hat for your witch. Cones work great.
If you've enjoyed making this craft, why not make one for a friend?
... more Fall fun.
... more Halloween fun.