Craft: Valentine Crackers
Who says crackers are only for Christmas time? We've made some to decorate your Valentine's dinner table. They are fun and easy and finding cute little gifts to go inside can be lots of fun. Here are a few suggestions of what you can put inside your Valentine Cracker. Remember Dollar Stores offer a great variety of items that don't cost a lot of money. Whereever you decide to purchase your items, take the toilet roll along and make sure your item(s) will fit.
- An 'I Love You List', make a list of 10 reasons why you love the person you are giving the cracker to.
- Coupons for acts of kindness you will perform that day or sometime in the future.
- Candy love hearts.
- Cinnamon hearts.
- A funny riddle, check out our collection if you need some inspiration.
- A small piece of jewelry.
- Lip gloss or other makeup.
- A small puzzle.
- A clue to where a larger gift is hidden.
What you need:
- empty toilet tissue rolls
- curling ribbon
- Deorations, we used hearts cut from tissue paper, pompoms and gem decals and pre-cut foam hearts
- tissue paper or wrapping paper or pretty napkins
- marker or pen
- stickers (optional)
What you do:
- Start collecting empty toilet tissue rolls.
- Use tissue paper, wrapping paper or napkins to cover the toilet roll. Lay the toilet tissue roll on the paper and make sure to leave two
inches or five cm overhang on both ends of the toilet roll. Your piece of
paper should be approximately 8 1/2" wide and 7" long. Since tissue
paper is so thin you might want to double or triple the length.
- Secure the paper with tape or stickers along the length of the cracker.
- Use curling ribbon to tie closed one end of the cracker.
- Using the open end, fill the cracker with goodies. Close end as noted above. Use scissors to curl the ribbon ends.
- Write the recipient's name on the cracker with a pen or marker. If you
want you can also use stickers, pre-cut foam hearts, gem decals, pom poms, cut out hearts or anything you else you like to decorate your cracker(s). Happy Valentine's Day!
... more Valentine fun.