Valentine's Day Craft: Valentine Tea Light Holders
These simple tea light holders are so pretty with a candle burning brightly inside. Use a clean mason jar and cover it with tissue paper and decorate it for Valentine's Day.
- 1 or more mason jars
- Tissue paper. We used white with colored specks
- Red and/or pink tissue paper for decorating
- White glue or glitter glue with a little water added
- Paint brush
- Paper plate or plastic lid.
- Votive candles
What you do:
- Lay newspaper out on the table so that any spills are easy to clean up.
- Get a mason jar and make sure it is clean inside and out.
- Cut the white tissue paper in small squares. If you want you can cut hearts or the letters X and O out of the colored tissue paper.
- Pour some white or glitter glue onto your plate or lid and mix with a small amount of water to thin the glue. Mix well. With a paintbrush, brush some glue onto the jar. Lay down a square of white tissue paper onto the spot with glue. Cover the piece of tissue paper with more glue. Overlap squares and continue until the whole jar is covered. Allow to dry overnight.
- Place your decorations on the jar and glue each decoration down. Allow to dry. You can choose to leave your jars a plain color or decorate them with hearts or other designs.
- Place a votive candle in the bottom of the jar. Ask an adult to help you light the candle. Happy Valentine's Day!
... more Valentine fun.