Valentine's Day Craft: Heart Shadows
These shadow hearts are as much fun to make as they are to give away. Let your imagination run wild when it comes to decorating them. We love the cool shadows these cast in the right light. Hang them from light fixtures or door knobs, or make a bunch and hang them in a banner! This fun craft will keep you creating for hours!
What you need:
- Construction paper in your favorite colors, we used pink, red, and purple.
- Markers, crayons, glitter glue, any other decorations you might like.
What you do:
- Choose what color heart shadow you would like to make. We made one color, two color and tricolor ones. Cut paper lengthwise into 1-inch strips. Make sure you have two 12-inch long strips, two 9-inch strips and two 6-inch strips for each heart.
- Cut a piece of ribbon 8 inches long. Fold it in half and string as many beads as you like. We chose three.
- Now stack the paper strips as follows: One six inch strip, one 9 inch strip, one 12 inch strip, ribbon, one 12 inch strip, one 9 inch strip, one 6 inch strip. Gather them together and staple them making sure to anchor the ribbon in place. See photo.
- Now gather the other ends together, you will see the hearts forming as you do this. Once the ends are gathered, staple them together.
- Decorate the hearts any way you like.
... more Valentine fun.