Craft: Fancy Valentine Heart
This fun craft teaches you how to make little fabric heart cushions.
What you need:
- Box board/cardboard
- Beads, riboon, lace -optional
What you do:
- Make two hearts that are at least 6 inches across. Click
here for instructions on how to make a heart.
- Trace one of these hearts unto boxboard or cardboard. Cut around your
- Make a second heart that is 1 inch bigger than your first two hearts.
Place them (one large and one small)
on your fabric and trace. Cut the material along your tracing lines.
- On the boxboard heart glue along the two humps and down one side of the
- Centre this heart on the wrong side of the larger fabric heart.
- Carefully take the excess fabric and press it onto the glue. Let dry
(approximately 1/2 hour.)
- While the heart is drying, make the stuffing for your heart by tearing
Kleenex into strips and crumpling them gently.
- When the heart is dry, gently push the shredded Kleenex between the boxboard
and fabric heart. Add enough stuffing so your heart looks puffy.
- Glue the fabric along the rest of the heart to seal opening. Let dry.
- To decorate your heart use your imagination. Beads, artificial flowers,
ribbon and lace all add something special to this craft.
- To finish, glue your last fabric heart onto the back of the boxboard.
- Pin a little note on the puffy heart for your valentine.
... more Valentine fun.