Thanksgiving Day Craft: Mason Jar Turkey
Craft this cute Turkey Jar and use it for a variety of purposes. Use it to collect spare change which you can use to buy groceries for a local food back or start a "Thankfulness Bank." Write down things you and your family are thankful for on pieces of paper, save them in this Turkey, and read them at Thanksgiving!
- 2-cup mason jar
- Construction paper, various colors
- Turkey Template
- White glue
- Markers, pencil crayons or crayons
What you do:
- Cut a strip of brown construction paper lengthwise that is long enough to cover the flat part of the jar. Tape it to the jar, with the seam at the back.
- Using the provided Turkey Template, cut out the face shapes with brown, orange, red, white and black construction paper. Glue together the turkey's face, and then glue it to the front of the mason jar.
- Cut out the feathers in colourful construction paper, arrange them in a fan-shape and staple them together. Then glue the tail to the back of the mason jar covering up the seam where the construction paper body meets.
- Use markers, pencil crayons or crayons to decorate your turkey anyway you like!
... more Thanksgiving fun.