Craft: Glowing Monster Jars
Make these glowing monster jars to delight your friends and fellow trick or treaters. This craft is easy to make and can also be used as candy dishes or pencil holders.
- Mason jars of varying sizes
- Tissue paper, we used white, green, purple and orange
- Black construction paper
- White glue with a little water added
- Paint brush
- Paper plate or plastic lid.
- Votive candles
What you do:
- Lay newspaper out on the table so that any spills are easy to clean up.
- Gather mason jars and make sure they are clean inside and out.
- Cut tissue paper in small squares.
- Pour some white glue onto your plate or lid and mix with a small amount of water to thin the glue. Mix well. With a paintbrush, brush some glue onto the jar. Lay down a square of tissue paper onto the spot with glue. Cover the piece of tissue paper with more glue. Overlap squares and continue until the whole jar is covered. Allow to dry overnight.
- Draw eyes, a nose, mouth and hair (depending on the moster you are making) on the black construction paper and cut them out. Make sure your face will fit on the jar. Glue the face on the jar.;
- Place votive candle in the bottom of the jar. Ask an adult to help you light the candle. Or you can fill your jar with candy or use it as a pencil holder.