Craft: Glow-In-The-Dark Ghosts
These frightful glow-in-the-dark ghosts are fun and easy to make. You'll need glow-in-the-dark paint, some jars and tissue paper and other craft supplies to make them. Hang them from a tree or sit them on a window ledge or porch and give a little spook to visiting trick or treaters this Halloween.
- Mason jars of varying sizes
- White tissue paper
- Glow-in-the-dark paint
- Black paint
- White glue
- Paint brush
- Paper plate or plastic lid.
What you do:
- Lay newspaper out on the table so that any spills are easy to clean up.
- Gather mason jars and make sure they are clean and dry inside and out.
- Cut the white tissue paper in small squares.
- Pour some white glue and glow-in-the-dark paint onto your plate or lid and mix with a small amount of water to thin the paint and glue. Mix well. With a paintbrush, brush some glue and paint onto the jar. Lay down a square of tissue paper onto the spot with glue and paint. Cover the piece of tissue paper with more glue and paint. Overlap squares and continue until the whole jar is covered. Allow to dry overnight.
- Apply a coat of glow-in-the-dark paint over the whole jar and allow to dry.
- Paint a scary face on each jar with the black paint. Allow to dry.
- Cut two lengths of twine. One 12 inches, the other 15 inches. Tie a double knot on each end of the 12 inch length of twine. Place the knotted length of twine over the opening of the jar so that it hangs down on each side. Wrap the 15 inch length of twine around the top of the jar, under the lip capturing both end of the knotted twine and tie tightly. Trim any loose ends.