Craft: Snowman Light
Make this fun Snowman light. We used the tallest mason jar we could find to make ours. Feel free to use any size jar you like and if you are so inspired why not make a whole snow family? This fun craft will light up your Christmas holidays!
- 1 mason jar or several if you plan on making a snow family
- Tissue paper. We used white, black and orange.
- 2 gem decals or googly eyes
- White glue with a little water added
- Paint brush
- Paper plate or plastic lid.
- Votive candles
What you do:
- Lay newspaper out on the table so that any spills are easy to clean up.
- Gather mason jar(s) and make sure they are clean inside and out.
- Cut tissue paper in small squares. We found white tissue paper with colored flecks which we used for the snowman's body. We cut round circles from the black tissue paper for the smile and buttons and we cut a long triangular piece from the orange tissue paper for the nose.
- Pour some white glue onto your plate or lid and mix with a small amount of water to thin the glue. Mix well. With a paintbrush, brush some glue onto the jar. Lay down a square of tissue paper onto the spot with glue. Cover the piece of tissue paper with more glue. Overlap squares and continue until the whole jar is covered. Allow to dry overnight.
- Glue on the mouth, nose, buttons and eyes and allow to dry.
- Place a votive candle in the bottom of the jar. Ask an adult to help you light the candle.
... more Christmas fun.