Recipe: Oma's Danish Christmas Cookies
This cookie recipe is easy and fun to make and they don't require any fancy ingredients. Please make these cookies with adult supervision.
What you need:
- an adult helper
- 2 cups margarine
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 3/4 cups white flour
- 2 eggs
- sugar sprinkles
What you do:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Separate dough into four equal segments and roll each section intothe
shape of a long sausage.
- Wrap each roll with wax paper and set in refrigerator to cool for about
- After the dough has cooled, brush with milk and roll in fancy sugar sprinkles.
- Slice dough into cookies no more than 1/4 inch thick. Lay on cookie sheets
and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 7-10 minutes. (Until lightly golden)
- Let cookies cool.
- Store in airtight containers. These cookies can be kept in the freezer
for later enjoyment.
... more Christmas fun.