Christmas Recipe: Oma's Danish Christmas Cookies
This cookie recipe is easy and fun to make and they don't require any fancy ingredients. Santa will love seeing these on his plate of goodies on Christmas Eve but don't just make them for Santa, your family and friends will like them too! Please make these cookies with adult supervision.
What you need:
- an adult helper
- 2 cups margarine
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 3/4 cups white flour
- 2 eggs
- sugar sprinkles
What you do:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Separate dough into four equal segments and roll each section intothe
shape of a long sausage.
- Wrap each roll with wax paper and set in refrigerator to cool for about
- After the dough has cooled, brush with milk and roll in fancy sugar sprinkles.
- Slice dough into cookies no more than 1/4 inch thick. Lay on cookie sheets
and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 7-10 minutes. (Until lightly golden)
- Let cookies cool.
- Store in airtight containers. These cookies can be kept in the freezer
for later enjoyment.
... more Christmas fun.