Craft: Glitter Pine Cones
This fun and easy craft makes a lovely Christmas tree ornament or it can be
attached to the outside of a present to give it some extra charm.
What you need:
- pine cones (many sizes)
- glitter - silver, gold or multicolor
- white craft glue
- pipe cleaners or gold thread
What you do:
- Protect your work area with newspaper. Pour some white glue in the top
of a margarine container or old saucer.
- Roll the pine cone in the glue so that the tips have glue on them.
- Sprinkle the glitter onto the ends of the pine cone where the glue is.
Gently shake the pine cone to remove the excess glitter. Allow to dry.
- Once dry, fasten one end of the pipe cleaner around the thin end of the
pine cone by wrapping it around once and twisting the short end of the pipe
cleaner to the long end of the pipe cleaner. Alternately you can also use gold thread to make a hanger.
- Form a hook shape out of the long end of the pipe cleaner.
... more Christmas fun.