Christmas Craft: Flowering Plant
Start a beautiful flowering plant for someone you love or to brighten your
days during the long winter. This lovely flowering plant craft makes a beautiful gift.
What you need:
- wire clothes hanger
- clay pot with dish
- acrylic paint
- masking tape
- potting soil
- nasturtium seeds
What you do:
- Protect your work area with newspaper. Paint a pretty picture
or pattern on the clay pot and dish. Allow to dry.
- Ask an adult to help you bend the clothes hanger into a circular
shape. See diagram.
- Wrap the circular part of the clothes hanger with ribbon,
choose a colour that matches your painting.
- With the masking tape, tape the top of the hanger to the
inside of the pot.
- Fill the pot with soil and gently pat it down.
- Poke four or five holes in the soil. Make the holes approximately
1 cm deep. Put one seed in each hole and cover with soil.
- Attach a card with instructions on how to care for the plant.
Example: To brighten your winter days, here is a nasturtium plant. Place
it in a sunny spot. Water every few days. As the plant grows, twist it around
the wreath. If you like you can eat the flowers.
... more Christmas fun.