Christmas Craft: Christmas Crackers
crackers are a fun way to decorate your Christmas table. Although you can buy
them in the store, they are so easy and fun to make. When you make this fun craft idea
yourself you can decide what goodies and treats to put inside. Traditional crackers
contain a hat, a joke or riddle, candy or nuts and a little treat. If you are
having trouble thinking of a riddle or joke look at Squigly's
Jokes and Riddles. Treats for your crackers can be bought at a Dollar Store
where you will find lots of items. Here are a few suggestions:
- key rings
- a ring
- toy car
- a small puzzle (taken out of the box)
- nail clippers
- lip gloss
- nail polish
Use your imagination and I'm sure you'll find something just right!
What you need:
- empty toilet tissue rolls- enough for everyone at the table. It is a good
idea to bring along an empty toilet roll to the dollar store to make sure your gift fits inside.
- curling ribbon
- tissue paper or Christmas wrapping paper
- marker or pen
- stickers (optional)
What you do:
- Start collecting empty toilet tissue rolls until you have enough for everyone
that will be joining you for your holiday meal.
- Use left over Christmas wrap or tissue paper to cover the outside of the
tissue roll. Lay the tissue roll on the paper and make sure to leave two
inches or five cm overhang on both ends of the toilet roll. Your piece of
paper should be approximately 8 1/2" wide and 7" long. Since tissue
paper is so thin you might want to double or triple the length.
- Secure the paper with tape or stickers along the length of the cracker.
- Use curling ribbon to tie closed one end of the cracker.
- Fill the cracker with goodies. Once you have everything in the roll tie
up the last end. Use scissors to curl the ribbon ends.
- With a pen or marker write the recipient's name on the cracker. If you
want you can also use stickers to decorate your cracker.
... more Christmas fun.