Christmas Recipe: Cookie Cut-Outs
Sweet and tasty these cookies are sure to be a big hit with Santa on his big night but don't leave them all for Santa, share them with your family and friends too! This cookie recipe is a little more complicated than Oma's
but the cookies taste just as good. Please make these
cookies with adult supervision.
What you need:
- adult helper
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- fancy sugar sprinkles
What you do:
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Chill for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Divide dough into quarters. Roll 1/4 on lightly floured surface until
- Dip cookie cutters in flour and press out cookies from the dough.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until barely browned at edges.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- Decorate cookies by mixing together confectioners sugar and milk. Brush
mixture on cookies and then apply sprinkles.
... more Christmas fun.