Christmas Craft: Christmas Tree Light
This Christmas tree light craft is easy to do. Decorate a mason jar with a beautiful gemmed Christmas tree to light up the holidays.
- 1 mason jar
- Tissue paper. We used white and green.
- Gem Decals in various colors.
- White glue with a little water added
- Paint brush
- Paper plate or plastic lid.
- Votive candles
What you do:
- Lay newspaper out on the table so that any spills are easy to clean up.
- Get a mason jar and make sure it is clean inside and out.
- Cut the white tissue paper in small squares. Cut the green tissue paper in squares and then cut the squares into triangles. Doing this will allow you to make the points for the tree.
- Pour some white glue onto your plate or lid and mix with a small amount of water to thin the glue. Mix well. With a paintbrush, brush some glue onto the jar. Lay down a square of white tissue paper onto the spot with glue. Cover the piece of tissue paper with more glue. Overlap squares and continue until the whole jar is covered. Allow to dry overnight.
- With a pencil draw the shape of Christmas tree on one side of the jar. With the glue and the green tissue paper, carefully fill in the shape you drew. Allow to dry.
- Put a dab of glue on each gem decal and decorate your tree anyway you like.
- Place votive candle in the bottom of the jar. Ask an adult to help you light the candle.
... more Christmas fun.