Christmas Craft: Christmas Star
Make this beautiful Christmas star to decorate your tree or home. You can make
several and hang them from doorknobs, banisters, windows or anywhere to add
a special Christmas look.Follow the directions for this origami craft carefully to get the desired results.
What you need:
- 2 sheets of letter-size paper, any colour
- string or ribbon
- hole punch
- tape or stapler
- glue and glitter (optional)
What you do:
- Fold each piece of paper in half lengthwise, then fold the long open
ends out towards the first fold (see diagram).
- With your ruler measurer 3" from the bottom outside edge on both
sides and on both sheets of paper. Draw a line from the 3" mark to
the outside top edges of the paper. Do this to both sheets of paper. Cut
away the corners. Fold the paper in half and cut away the corners of the
fold (top and bottom). Lay flat again (see diagram).
- Lay the two pieces together with folds on the top and tie together with
- Open out folds and tape or staple the four sides together to form star.
- Optional: Put a few drops of glue on the tips of the star and sprinkle
with glitter. Allow to dry.
- Put a hole through one of the tips of the star and thread a piece of string
or ribbon through. Tie ends together. Now you can hang your star.
... more Christmas fun.