Craft: Christmas Countdown Rings
Are you excited for Christmas? Do you have a younger brother or sister who
can't wait for the special day? Make this fun craft to help them countdown the days to Christmas.
Each day in December one chain is broken off. The shorter the chain becomes
the closer Christmas is! You can even write a fun activity on each chain to
keep you busy until the 25th.
What you need:
- red and green construction paper
- tape, glue or stapler
What you do:
- With a pencil and ruler measure and mark 1 inch intervals across the width
of the paper. You will need 13 red strips and 12 green.
- Cut along the lines until you have 25 strips of paper.
- Make your first chain (red) by stapling, taping or gluing the thin ends
together. If you are gluing the chains hold the ends together until the
glue has a chance to dry.
- Thread the next piece of paper (green) through the first chain and secure
- Continue to do this until you have 25 chains. Make sure to alternate colours
as you go. *Note: if you are starting this craft late make one chain for
each day until the 25th of December.
- If you feel extra creative you could write a funny riddle or activity
on each chain. That way each day there is something fun to read or do each
day leading up to Christmas.
... more Christmas fun.