Craft: Candy Cane Crafts
Make candy cane hearts or reindeer to decorate your
tree or gifts. These craft ideas were submitted by Christine from Ontario. Thanks,
Christine, for sharing your ideas with me.
Two candy canes
Ribbon or bells
String and needle
What you do:
Glue the two candy canes together as shown. Please ask
an adult for help when using hot glue.
- You can choose to decorate your candy cane heart with a bow
or bells. Use glue to attach the bow or the bells. Then thread string (using
a needle) through the bow or in the back of the bells so that you can hang
it from your tree.
- These hearts are nice because you can hang them right on
the tree or attach them to presents.
- One candy cane
- Hot glue
- Pipe cleaner
- Plastic eyes
- Small pop-pom
- Ribbon (optional)
What you do:
- Take a pipe cleaner and cut it in half. Using one of the
halves, visually find the centre and wrap it around the curved part of the
candy cane. Twist to secure the antlers and then take each end of the pipe
cleaner and shape them into antlers. To make curly antlers twist the pipe
cleaner around a pencil.
- Use the hot glue to attach the eyes and pom pom nose and
ribbon. Please ask an adult for help when using hot glue.
- These reindeer make nice little gifts for friends and can
be hung from your Christmas tree or attached to gifts.
... more Christmas fun.