Craft: Fall Banner
Make this fun fall banner to hang up at the start of autumn. This craft idea celebrates the arrival Autumn.
What you need:
- Foam sheets
- Black construction paper
- Item template
What you do:
- Cut a brown foam sheet into a rectangle that is 4.5 inches by 9 inches.
- Cut out little leaves from red, orange and green foam. Cut 4 of each color. With red, orange and green markers, draw leaf lines onto the foam leaves you cut out.
- Arrange and glue the leaves into a pattern to form a boarder across the top and bottom of the brown foam sheet.
- With a black marker, write "Welcome" across the brown foam sheet so that it fits in between the rows of leaves you have already glued down.
- Print the item template. Cut out each item and trace it onto the appropriate colored foam sheet. Cut out the shapes and glue them together to make an ear of corn, an apple and a pumpkin. The leaf will not require you to glue pieces together.
- From a piece of black construction paper, cut out the letters F, A, L and L. Glue one letter to each of the fall items.
- Cut pieces of ribbon of different lengths so that the fall items will hang from the brown "Welcome" sheet. Glue one end of the ribbon to the back of the fall item and the other end of the ribbon to the back of the brown "Welcome" sheet.
- Cut another, longer piece of ribbon so that you will be able to hang your banner. Glue one end of the ribbon to the back of the top left of the brown "Welcome" sheet, and the other end to the back of the top right of the brown "Welcome" sheet.
- Wait until all the glue is dry and hang your banner up!
... more Autumn fun.