Craft: Twirling Pinwheel
Make your own windmills to decorate the top of a pencil or just for fun! Watch the wind twirl your pinwheel. Bet you'll make more than just one of these fun crafts!
What you need:
- Pins with large heads
- Small beads
- Stiff coloured paper
- Pencils with erasers on the end or pieces of wooden dowel or sturdy straws
What you do:
- Using your ruler measure and draw two equal size squares on two different
colours of paper.
- Cut out the squares.
- Using the ruler, draw two diagonal lines across each square so that they
cross in the middle. Cut 2/3 of the way on each line towards the centre.
- Holding the squares of paper together, bend the paper back along each
cut line toward the center. Hold the corners with your fingers until you
have all four corners folded into the center.
- Push a pin through the centre making sure it goes through all four corners.
Then slip a small bead on the back.
- Push the pin into the eraser of a pencil or the doweling.
- Take your pinwheel outside and watch the wind spin it!
... more Spring fun.