Craft: Diorama Wildlife Scenes
Create your own wildlife scenes using pictures
of animals found in old magazines. You can also use this same
method to create nature and action scenes. This is a lovely craft to make on a rainy afternoon.
What you need:
- Paints, crayons or markers
- Old magazines
- Box board (old cereal boxes, etc.)
- Cardboard, bristol board (light cardboard) or box board
What you do:
- To make the base for your scene cut a square
big enough to fit your wildlife scene and paint the top an appropriate
colour. Green for grass, grey for gravel, brown for dirt.
- Roughly cut around pictures of animals found
in old magazines. See example 1.
- Glue the pictures onto box board and allow
- Using a ruler draw a rectangle
below the feet. See example 2.
- Carefully cut through all layers
around the outline of the figure.
- Make a cut in the rectangle
between the feet at the bottom of the animal. Bend one half forward
and the other half back. See example 3. Glue onto your
- If the animal is too shaky,
glue a triangle of cardboard on the back. See example 4.