Recipe: Chocolate Pound Cake
Thank you Emma for sharing this easy recipe with us! We think this cake is a great dessert or after school snack.
What you need:
- adult helper
- 1 /2 cup butter beaten
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3cups sugar
- 3cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- I tablespoon vanilla
What you do:
- With an adult helper, cream butter and shortening.
- Add sugar,then eggs mixing after each addition.
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk to butter, shortening and egg mixture, while beating.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Pour cake batter in a loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour or until tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in middle of cake.