or Candle Holder
This craft idea was sent in by one of Squigly's friends. It makes good use
of an empty plastic bottle. When you are done you will have your own personalized
paperweight or candle holder.
Lauren, age 12, U.S.A.
Since this craft repurposes empty plastic pop bottles we think it's a great Earth Day craft!
What you need:
- Adult supervision
- 2 liter pop bottle: empty and clean.
- Newspaper & magazine clippings
- Small charms such as feathers, jewels, etc.
- Glue gun, if you are adding charms.
- Coloured sand and glitter
What you do:
- Get an adult's help for this activity.
- Decorate the outside of the bottle with newspaper and magazine clippings,
or small charms such as feathers, etc. (You'll need to use a glue gun to
make the charms stick.)
- Cover your work area with newspaper. Fill the bottle with colored sand
- Glue the cap on the top of the bottle or for older children find a wax
candle that will fit in the mouth of the bottle and glue it in. If you
decide to light the candle, let an adult do it and never leave a burning
... more Earth Day fun.